I found out this morning that Kim from The Simplicity of Being Curious nominated me for The Liebster Award! I'm so very appreciative of this since I Believe In Story is only a baby in the blogging world (it has only been going for a few months!) and I'm glad that at least one person enjoys the content. Kim tweeted about her nominations, and she mentioned that my blog was nominated because it has "great design and quality content." Her simple explanation sent me over the moon (I think I'm still there). I'm filled with warm fuzzy feelings. I hope I Believe In Story continues to grow into something that all of my readers enjoy.
Now, on to the award. The Liebster Award is given to up-and-coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The rules:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you & create 11 new questions for the people you’ve tagged.
3. Nominate 11 blogs and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
1. I can't get through a day without at least three cups of coffee.
2. The two fictional characters that I relate to the most are Joey Potter (Dawson's Creek) and Blaine Anderson (Glee). I realize that this makes no sense.
3. I'm a vegetarian (sometimes - often - vegan, but it's hard to quit my love for cheese).
4. I don't know how to drive (and, yes, I'm 24).
5. I have a copy editing and book designing freelance website.
6. I love snail mail. If you ever want to exchange mail, please let me know.
7. I have been with my boyfriend, Bryan, for almost seven years now (it's even more unbelievable when written out like that).
8. Half of me is Portuguese, the other half is Canadian.
9. I write articles for the Quirk Books blog.
10. I collect unicorn figurines and fairytale collections.
11. My favourite Disney movies are Aladdin, The Lion King, and Wall-E. (Important information.)
1. What was the most influential moment of your life?
Being told that I would never accomplish anything. That comment has led to many things (some good, some bad) & is sort of the anchor to how I remain humble and inspired.
2. If you could only have one, what vanity product is a must keep?
My hair straightener. This question is terrifying because I really love makeup, but I am quite dependent on my straightener.
3. What is your favorite read and why?
Wicked by Gregory Maguire will always be my favourite book. I mentioned it in a post yesterday, so I won't really elaborate, but that book is very important to me.
4. What was your dream job as a little kid?
I always wanted to be a veterinarian, which is absolutely insane because I was not a science-y student. I probably thought that I'd just get to play with cute animals all day. I can't even watch a movie with an animal in it without crying (seriously, nothing bad even has to happen - if someone has a pet, I will cry), so there's no way I could deal with seeing sick animals on a daily basis.
5. What is your favorite quality in a person?
6. Which of the blog posts that you've written is your favorite?
Professor Seuss. It's the perfect blend of literature and lifestyle. I want to emphasize more posts like this on the blog, drawing inspiration from the things that I read.
7. What is your favorite quote?
"I believe in story." The name of my blog is a quotation from What-the-Dickens by Gregory Maguire.
8. Who is your celebrity crush?
I have a hard time using the word "celebrity" because I view actors/singers/etc. as normally as anyone else, just in a very odd career path (as far as the obsession around "celebrity" goes). However, I admire Darren Criss because of his work ethic and kindness. He seems to be a genuinely nice guy. Plus, he's ridiculously talented.
9. If you could have dinner with anyone (alive, deceased, fictional), who would it be and why?
Gordon Ramsay. I love that man. As long as I don't have to cook it, then everything should be fine (I'm a terrible cook).
10. What is one thing you wish you were better at or wish you had that talent?
I wish I knew how to play the guitar. Granted, I've never exactly tried. I have a guitar with broken strings sitting in the corner of my living room. I've had it since I was 16. Maybe this year will be the year that I actually fix it and teach myself to play? Haha. Does anyone want to give me guitar lessons?
11. What is one goal that you have for your blog?
I would love to eventually begin some type of book club or reading challenge. I started this blog as a way to share literature with other people, no matter what form those stories are in. It would be fun to set up a monthly challenge where we all read a book, watch a movie/tv shows, discuss art, etc. based on a certain theme. I have no plans of anything just yet, but it's a direction I would love to move towards. Until then, I just hope that I can keep writing content that people enjoy.
Now for the difficult part. I am nominating the following blogs for a Liebster: in whirl of inspiration | Amanda K. By The Bay | being erica | Coffee & Love Notes | Sunday Charm | Tea Tree | This Lovely Little Day | Fleur De Moi | Blogger's Bookshelf | wishin good luck | hannah margaret allen
ELEVEN QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES
1. If you had to choose a theme song for your life, what would it be?
2. What items can be found on your desk?
3. What is your all-time favourite TV show?
4. Name one thing you have always wanted to do, but still haven't "gotten around" to.
5. Plan a day trip for me in your current city. What would I have to see and where would I have to go?
6. If you could have any job you wanted, what would you choose?
7. What is your coffee order?
8. Name a fictional character that you can really relate to (he/she can be from a book, movie, tv show, etc.).
9. What is your favourite clothing store?
10. Who is your favourite painter/illustrator?
11. What was the last great book that you read?